Does Any of This Sound Like You?
- You don’t get encouragement or support on the job—and maybe some well-meaning (and some mean) people even try to discourage you. It’s led to lots of self-doubts.
- You have jump-started a number of projects that could draw positive attention or bring value to your department or manager, but nothing has come to fruition. You’ve been overlooked; your attempts have gone unnoticed or unrewarded. So you don’t trust yourself.
- You feel like a yo-yo with moments of clarity and enthusiasm followed by huge self-doubts and stagnation that makes going to work just a daily grind.
- You’re tired of always going through another job transition—you’d really like to transform yourself, what you do, and get on track with your purpose.
- You have a lot of energy and passion for the things you are interested in but have no place to meaningfully use your talents.
- Knowing how to gain traction has become a mystery to you.
- You just don’t fit in.
Three Unique Needs
- Developing self-awareness, self-acceptance and a deep understanding of the core values that drive their passions and life.
- Learning new skills to successfully connect with others that complement work-related talents.
- Making choices about the right environments, the right relationships and partnering in ways so their unique talents,passions and drives can and will be celebrated.
The Upside and Downside to Being an Unconventional-Creative
People may not “get” you, unless you “get you.”That’s called self-awareness.Then you need to develop self-acceptance.Both must come into play if you are going to get unstuck.Finally, there is seeking guidance that is compatible with your unique needs.– Dr. Jan
Others have given you basic grounding in life skills, but that means you have to live in a conventional or traditional world that isn’t fully satisfying to you. Be glad if you have some of that basic grounding. It’s all a part of being an adult, or adulting. However if it stopped there, you’d feel dissatisfied. Some people become unhappy, even depressed. What’s missing is you learning skills to guide yourself through the steps you need to explore your world, your interests, your talents and how they contribute to the bigger world. Instead you look to traditional steps that don’t fulfill you and then feel like a failure.
No one’s at fault here.
Let’s say they did the best they could. And they love you. However, the result is you have some missing pieces. You lack some steps. Some info. No one showed you how to get from A to Z using your unique approach and talents. They didn’t know-how.
Now it’s up to you. You can do this with the right kind of guidance. When you are ready to explore from a new vantage point and invest in your future, reach out for a Complimentary Conversation. We’ll discuss how to get you on a better career and life path that expresses you and your interests.
Please see the next article in this series here and look at our other career resources here:
For more on this topic read my articles:
- 7 Ways to Focus When You’re Unhappy and Looking for a New Career
- 2 Steps to Create Security When Itching To Leave Your Job
- 3 Ways Career Coaching Can Help You Achieve Your Goals
- Tackle a Career Transition or Job Change with Confidence in 2020 and Beyond
- Couples and Career Transitions: 4 Steps to Maximize Your Success
- What Do Coaching Clients Say About How Coaching Has Changed Their Lives
- Many more on how couples manage transitions together are found here